Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for dogs
Seresto is a hassle-free and reliable collar that repels fleas and ticks effectively. It’s innovative mechanism and long-lasting effectiveness keeps your dog safe for 8 consecutive months. A flea and tick treatment manufactured by Bayer, is a simple to use flea and tick treatment that protects dogs from fleas and ticks for up to 8 months. There’s no need to reapply flea and tick repellent on a monthly basis after using this product. Within 24 hours of application, it kills existing fleas on dogs and controls re-infesting fleas before they lay eggs. While it also protects dogs from ticks, it kills young ticks in as little as six hours and prevents ticks within 48 hours of administration, including the Brown dog tick that causes Ehrlichiosis (a tick-borne disease). The collar is non-greasy and odourless, making it simple to use on dogs.
Seresto consists of Flumethrin, a pyrethroid insecticide that is used externally in veterinary medicine against parasitic insects and ticks on dogs. Another key component present in the collar is imidacloprid, a systematic insecticide that acts on the nervous system of insects and blocks neuronal pathways. It then prevents acetylcholine from transmitting impulses between nerves resulting in the insect’s paralysis, and eventually death.
- An innovate, effective and reliable flea and tick collar
- Eliminates fleas and ticks
- Repels fleas and ticks, and protects dogs from flea and tick bite
- Easy to wear and flexible to fit
- Odorless and waterproof collar
- Slow release of ingredients kills adult fleas and flea larvae
- Provides protection against fleas for up to 8 months
- Safe for dogs
- Non-irritant flea and tick collar
- Buckle collar around dog’s/puppy’s neck.
- Ensure there is 2 fingers space between the collar and your dog’s neck.
- Adjust the collar around dog’s neck without tightening too much and cut of excess length beyond the loops.
- Dispose the extra length in the trash.
- For puppy, check periodically and adjust the collar width according to the growth of the puppy.
- Do not use on puppies less than 7 weeks of age.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- If your dog shows any sign of skin irritation or other reaction to the collar, remove immediately and consult your veterinarian.